Would you like to be notified of new publications?
The Monastery of the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel in Draganac, Kosovo, was founded in 1381 by Tsar-Martyr Lazar. Its present church was built in 1864. In recent years the monastery has been reconstructed and spiritually revived by monks from Dečani Monastery in Kosovo and Metohija.
The monks of the Monastery of the Archangels Michael and Gabriel are offering beautiful wall and hand crosses, finely wrought in pear wood. We are distributing them here in America as a way of helping our brethren in a martyric Orthodox Christian land.
Each cross is made as follows: After the shape is cut by a bandsaw, the interior design, which was created by one of the monks, is machine-cut into the pear wood by a program also created by one of the monks. This forms an outline which is then completed by hand, with the monk carving the details of the face, body, and background. The monk then sands the cross and sprays it with lacquer.
7.6 cm x 5.3 cm (3 x 2 1/8 inches).